The Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) in conjunction with the MTN Foundation (MTNF) announces the entrance examinations for the Sixteenth (16th) set of the MTN MUSON Diploma course in music for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Brief MTN MUSON Music Scholars Program Description
- Eligible Countries: Nigeria
- To be Taken at (Country): Nigeria
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Value of Award: Funded
- Duration of Award: 2-Year Fulltime course. NO Part-time!!!
The MUSON Diploma School of Music is staffed and equipped to meet international standards in music education. The diploma course is a full-time 2-year course offering advanced training in music with the following majors: Piano, Organ, Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Trumpet, Trombone, Percussion, Classical Guitar, Voice.
The Entrance Examinations will take place from September 9th – September 12th, 2022 and will take the form of:
- A written Examination in Music Theory at appropriately Grade 5 standard general music knowledge
- Date: 6th September, 2022
- Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
- An audition on a major instrumental or voice at least
- Grade 5 standard before a Faculty Jury:
- Date: 7th – 12th September, 2022
- Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Applicants for the MTNF/MUSON Music Scholars Diploma course in music are expected to possess the following minimum academic requirements:
- The General Certificate of Education (GCE) ordinary level with credits in at least five (5) subjects including English language.
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with credits in at least 5 subjects including English language.
The five (5) credits must have been obtained at not more than two (2) sittings and before admission to the Diploma course.
- PRACTICAL: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School such as ABRSM or Trinity.
- THEORY: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON SCHOOL.
Applicants who are deficient in the theory requirements but show outstanding practical ability may be admitted. These students must take a remedial theory course and must pass the minimum requirements in the first year.
How to Apply for the MTN MUSON Music Scholars
- Applicants who possess the above Practical or Theory certificates must also satisfy the GCE (O/L) or SSCE requirements.
- Interested applicants who are deficient in the theory requirements but display an outstanding practical ability in the opinion of the Faculty/Jury may be considered for admission but must enroll in the remedial theory course to meet the necessary standard by the end of the first year.
Applicants are to submit completed forms and attach passport photograph scanned to
All applications should reach,
MUSON School of Music,
8/9, Marina, Onikan,
For more information, Visit the official MUSON website, CLICK HERE
Note: The MTN MUSON Music Scholars Program for 2022 has expired, but do not worry, Just sucribe to our blog and get the latest update about MTN MUSON Music Scholars Program